Community Volunteer Host- Swindon City of Sanctuary
Help to run our fortnightly community family event at Swindon Central Library. Take a friendly approach to visitors to ensure that everyone feels welcome and included. Be the host! Chat, play games, sing songs, and read stories with families and their children. Help to create support networks for families who are new to Swindon. Signpost parents and carers to local services that can support and help them with the challenges they may be facing. Help to maintain a safe, clean, and welcoming space for everybody.
DO YOU want to welcome families who are new to Swindon? WE NEED YOU!
DO YOU want to help host a fun and welcoming event where children and families can share stories and make new friends? WE NEED YOU!
What will Volunteers do?
- Arrive at 15 minutes before the session to set up and welcome people as they arrive.
- Be the host! Smile, say hello to guests and their children play games and sing songs.
- To share some of Swindon City of Sanctuary’s great multi – lingual activities for families and children.
- Help point people in the direction of services that can help them.
- Work as part of a friendly and happy team of charity volunteers and staff.
- Pack up and tidy away.
The benefits to you?
- Opportunities to meet new people in your community.
- The satisfaction of knowing YOU will be making a difference to the lives of families who are new to Swindon.
- Reimbursement of volunteer expenses.
Volunteers will work alongside staff and trustees from Swindon City of Sanctuary. Training and guidance will be offered to all volunteers who take on our We’re Open Families Host opportunities.
Please email email@example.com