City of Sanctuary- Volunteer Host
Help to run our weekly evening social event at The Bakers Café. Take a friendly approach to visitors to ensure that everyone feels welcome and included. Be the host! Chat, play games, offer guests coffee, tea and a sweet treat. Make friends with like-minded people. Signpost guests to local services and support organisations. Help to keep the venue safe and clean.
DO YOU want to support the community to come together by becoming part of a team of volunteers who host a café evening with games and live music? WE NEED YOU!!
DO YOU want to use you’re natural friendly and chatty qualities to make positive social changes within your community? WE NEED YOU!!!
DO YOU want to welcome others to a safe, relaxing, and enjoyable space by becoming a part of a friendly team of volunteers? WE NEED YOU!
What will Volunteers do?
· Arrive at 15 minutes before the session to set up and welcome people as they arrive.
· Work as a team to keep track of numbers of volunteers & people attending the event.
· Be the host! Play games with guests and have a chat.
· Help to record all donations.
· Help to promote and keep records of the free bus passes that the charity can issue to We’re Open guests.
· Be friendly and welcoming to everybody.
· Commit to help at least once a month.
· Pack up and tidy away.
The benefits to you?
· Opportunities to meet new people in your community.
· The satisfaction of knowing you will be making a difference to the lives of people seeking sanctuary as part of the Swindon community.
· Reimbursement of volunteer expenses.
Volunteers will work alongside staff and trustees from Swindon City of Sanctuary. Training and guidance will be offered to all volunteers who take on our We’re Open Host opportunities.
Contact Amanada at firstname.lastname@example.org