Training Coordinator at Willows Counselling
Hours: 16 hours per week
Salary: £10.42 per hour
Location: The Willows 11 Prospect Place Swindon SN1 3 LQ
Reports to: Training Manager
Key relationships: Students, Delegates and Trainers
Benefits include: Willows offers 26 days holiday per year plus statutory bank holidays, pro rata and free onsite parking
Willows Counselling and Training is a Swindon based charity, in operation for over 30 years, offering subsidised counselling for adults with a particular expertise working with those impacted by abuse and trauma. In addition to counselling activities, Willows provides a thriving training operation, offering certified training qualifications in counselling as well as courses for local businesses and other charitable organisations.
Purpose of Training Coordinator role
This is an essential role within Willows Training and holds responsibility for pre and ongoing course administration and student applications.
The role calls for strong organisational, logistical and communication skills.
The Training Coordinator will have an overview of each courses applications, enrolment process and will support the suite of annual Willows Workshops.
- Facilitate the marketing, application, enrolment and ongoing admin across all courses;
- Develop opportunities to increase revenue in relation to the Willows Workshops and bespoke training through developing the training database of organisations, directories and places to advertise core courses, Willows Workshops and bespoke training
- Maintain systems to show the availability of places on each course;
- Develop systems and templates with the TM to ensure that all enquires are followed up and processed in a timely and professional manner.
- Be first point of contact for training enquiries,
- Communicate clearly, warmly and professionally with potential training delegates , and the training team;
- Keep up to date records of all student enquiries , application, enrolment and withdrawal;
- Keep up to date record of bespoke and Willow Workshop training provision, feedback and evaluation;
- Facilitate and support the running of Willows Workshops and Training Open Days;
- Flag up any issues with processes, systems and communication related to the training service;
- Participate in regular staff and training team meetings.
- Support the training manager in the efficient running of the training service;
- Work collaboratively with whole staff;
- Uphold the Christian ethos and values of Willows;
- Actively participate in team and line management meetings;
- Work with and in compliance with relevant legislation including, data protection, health and safety and equality legislation;
- Other tasks reasonably expected, some occasional evening and weekend work may be required. Time in lieu will be offered.
Ability to work comfortably with Willows Christian organisational ethos, uphold the core values and comply with charitable objectives;
Excellent interpersonal skills which enable effective working relationships with people at all levels;
Ability to work independently, on own initiative, prioritise and work to deadlines effectively;
Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail,
Excellent communication skills, oral and written;
Computer competent including email, Microsoft, and databases.
Level 2 counselling qualification;
Experience of supporting students;
Knowledge and experience of CPCAB course formats, data entry, spreadsheets, liaising with business and charity sectors
How to apply – Application deadline is 12 noon on Monday 23 January 2023
Application should be made in the form of a CV and a covering letter explaining why you are applying for this role and what you bring in relation to the responsibilities of this post by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held on Monday 30 and Tuesday 31 January 2023.
Willows are currently recruiting for two coordinator roles one in training and one in counselling. You are welcome to apply for this role and the Counselling Coordinator role.