Finance Manager (14 Hours Per Week) at MS Therapy Centre
Hours: 14 hours per week
Salary: £29,000 – £30,000 per annum (pro rota)
This is an exciting role for a professional with strong accounting and preferably charity finance experience, to join a small, but highly ambitious charity.
The Swindon MS & Neuro Therapy Centre is a one stop shop for people with neurological conditions, and their families. We offer mutual understanding and support, providing services to help manage physical symptoms and reduce the progression of neurological conditions.
The Centre is a unique facility, supporting people from Swindon, rural North Wiltshire, and nearby rural areas in Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire. Offering: neuro physiotherapy, specialist exercise classes, social events, complimentary therapies and oxygen to support the body’s healing, counselling, clinical health advice, benefits advice, respite and specialist advice for carers.
The Finance Manager will be accountable for an efficient and effective finance function. Responsibilities will include: overseeing end-to-end finance operations, financial planning and analysis, balance sheet reconciliations, gift aid, payroll and improvements to processes and controls.
- Key accountabilities:
Maintaining financial and accounting services in order to meet legislative requirements and support Swindon Therapy Centre operations.
- Preparing financial statements, maintaining cash controls, purchasing and maintaining accounts.
- Responsible for all month end processes, key account reconciliations and management information to inform the strategic planning process (monthly, quarterly and annually).
- Supporting the continuous improvement of systems, processes, and practices.
- Working with the Treasurer and CEO to ensure efficient preparation of annual financial accounts and budgets. Supporting statutory filings with Companies House and other regulatory authorities.
- To input all financial data on QuickBooks Online software.
- Reconciling donations received from online sources, direct debits, and cash banking.
- Raising invoices and monitoring debtors.
- Operating the payroll process, expense claim procedures, payments and gift aid process.
- Work with the Grants Manager to present financial information in a meaningful way for annual reports, grant and impact reports etc.
- Oversee the maintenance of an inventory of fixed assets, including those purchased with restricted funds assuring all are in accordance with contractual and financial regulations.
- Ensuring all of our internal procedures adhere to evolving legal and regulatory standards.
- Ensuring the integrity of our records, archives, and other papers, and modernising their storage.
- Deal with ad hoc queries and any other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Keep professional knowledge and expertise up to date.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience of financial management in the third sector and / or charity accounting.
- Relevant professional qualifications eg ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA
- Understanding of Quickbooks – an advantage.
- Able to demonstrate how you improved financial management in previous roles.
- Outstanding attention to detail and passion for accuracy.
- Excellent organisational, time management and project management skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Closing date of 7th June.
Applications to email@example.com