Events Coordinator (Adult and Older Carers) at Swindon Carers Centre
Reporting to: Events Manager
Work Base: Sanford House, Sanford Street, Swindon, SN1 1HE
Hours of Work: 20 hours per week
Job Purpose: Work as a member of the Events Team to deliver a programme of events to provide a break for carers in Swindon.
Direct Reports: N/A
- Support existing events provision, building on the current program to expand the types of events available to carers.
- Help coordinate a range of peer support groups that offer support to carers who are responsible for caring for another individual.
- Organise a range of courses and talks for carers, including facilitation with the speaker/trainer.
- Identify need and fairly offer accessibility to carers, enabling them to access a break from their caring role by attending activities.
- Support the Events Manager to recruit, induct, and guide a team of volunteers to assist at events.
- Support the delivery of volunteer induction training for the organisation.
- Complete administrative tasks associated with the role, including the use of internal databases to accurately capture data, such as number of attendances, which will be used for monitoring and reporting.
- Gather carer feedback from events, which will help shape service provision.
- Promote and encourage the community-led support model by signposting carers to other community organisations, encouraging independence.
Closing Date: Monday 31st October at 5pm
Please note: We may bring the closing date forward if we receive a high volume of applications.
Interviews: Monday 7th November
For an informal discussion regarding this role, please contact us on 07841 503849, and ask to speak to our Events Manager, Heather Goldsmith.
A copy of the full recruitment pack can be found here
To be considered for this position, you are required to complete the application form available on the Swindon Carers Centre website here www.swindoncarers.org.uk/working-with-us/ and outline how you meet the requirements of the job within the job description and person specification using the supporting information section of the application form. You can complete the online application form on their website or download the form.
Swindon Carers Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required for this post.
Swindon Carers Centre adhere to a policy promoting equality of opportunity. No CV’s. No agencies.
Many of their staff work flexibly in different ways. Please talk to them at interview about the flexibility you need. If you are an unpaid carer, they can discuss how they can help you to balance work and your caring role. Swindon Carers Centre cannot promise to give you exactly what you want, but they do promise not to judge you for asking.
Swindon Carers Centre will retain all unsuccessful applications for 12 months after the date of interview and may contact you during this time regarding future job opportunities. All applications will be destroyed following the 12-month period.
All information for applicants is available on their website: