Communication & Engagement Manager at MS Therapy Centre
Hours: 18 Hours Per Week
Salary: £28,000 per annum (pro rota for 18 hours)
An exciting opportunity with an ambitious charity, seeking to recruit an experienced Communications & Engagement Manager. The successful candidate will have excellent experience including digital, social media, brand and PR and ideally a degree in communications, marketing or public relations.
The Swindon MS & Neuro Therapy Centre is a one stop shop for people with neurological conditions, and their families. We offer mutual understanding and support, providing services to help manage physical symptoms and reduce the progression of neurological conditions.
The Centre is a unique facility, supporting people from Swindon, rural North Wiltshire, and nearby rural areas in Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire. Offering: neuro physiotherapy, specialist exercise classes, social events, complimentary therapies and oxygen to support the body’s healing, counselling, clinical health advice, benefits advice, respite and specialist advice for carers.
The Communications and Engagement Manager will develop and deliver the Communications and Engagement Strategy. Working closely with the CEO, you’ll deliver an ambitious approach to raise our profile and ensure anyone that would benefit from our help, can access it.
Responsible for the coordination of all communications activities through an integrated communication plan and developing content in line with the charity’s strategic direction. This includes: member communications, corporate sponsorship, individual fundraisers, web and media.
- To be the guardian of our Communications Strategy – devising and developing timely, creative and engaging communications.
- To establish, develop and maintain an appropriate digital presence on our website and through social media activity promoting the Centre to attract new members.
- Providing communications advice and support to the CEO and identify key messages and drafting oral/written content, as required.
- Creating and delivering a clear, annual communications plan, including key messages and initiatives planned and developed to engage all stakeholders – engaging members, volunteers, corporate supporters and other organisations.
- Cultivate relationships with corporate sponsors and individual fundraisers – encouraging and supporting their fundraising endeavours.
- Developing innovative and effective tactics for campaigns to enhance engagement and regularly source ‘good news’ stories for external audiences.
- Manage the production of the member newsletter, development of a set of Member case studies and our annual impact report.
- Develop and manage all engagement with our members and coordinate their feedback through surveys and focus groups.
- Project manage open days, campaigns, content development and ensure consistency in messaging.
- Supporting the evolution of the brand identify and opportunities for future growth.
- Building positive relationships and working with the media/PR to raise the profile of the Centre.
- Measuring communication effectiveness and evaluating activity. Continuously seeking to find ways to improve the impact of messages.
- To look for new opportunities to raise our profile.
- To keep up to date with changes in the world of social media and marketing in general.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- A degree in communications, public relations or marketing or CIM qualification is desirable.
- Knowledge of the media landscape and experience of securing media coverage.
- Experience of delivering a successful Communications Strategy.
- Demonstrable success of working with multiple stakeholders to deliver communications campaigns.
- Experience of monitoring and analysing communications activity against objectives.
- Experience of delivering digital communications and increasing engagement through these.
- Excellent written communication skills with experience of tailoring writing for different audiences and channels.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to convey ideas and messages in a concise, impactful way.
Closing date of 7th June.
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org