Breakfast Shift Leader at Big Breakfast Plus
Location: Central Swindon
Hours: 12 hours per week / 4 days
Salary: £13.00 per hour (Shift Hours: 07.00 – 10.00 Wednesday – Saturday)
Big Breakfast Plus is a charity that has been supporting and serving the homeless and others in need in Swindon since 1993. In Pre-COVID times, we provided a warm welcome and a hearty cooked breakfast, 7 days a week, together with the opportunity for socialising and the access to advice from other partnered services.
During the Covid-19 restrictions, we had to suspend our sit-in service due to the limitations that this imposed. We’ve been supporting would-be guests by providing food vouchers and linking in with other services who were in a position to be operational
Now it’s time to get going again …
We’re at a turning point not only with our plans to re-open with the service we’ve previously delivered but also considering the opportunities to provide a nutritious meal to other vulnerable groups in need of a good start to the day.
We will open in a new central Swindon location and are looking for a shift leader who will help us get back to what we do best – creating a warm and welcoming early morning experience for our guests.
This role be central to the following :
- Initial Set Up: getting the venue set up, supervising existing staff, recruiting /organising volunteers as needed and scheduling induction training for all new staff
- Planning resources: working with the cooks to ensure that sufficient food supplies are in place, liaising with our donating partners and food collectives as well as organising the collection or purchase of additional fresh ingredients where needed
- Team leading: a team of both employed staff and volunteers to deliver an efficient, high quality breakfast service in a short time frame
- Hosting: Welcoming guests and making sure that their experience is positive and that any potential conflicts that may arise during their visit are resolved without incident
- Managing risk: responsibility for identifying and managing risks, such as Health & Safety, food hygiene and safeguarding issues whilst the service is in operation
- Networking: liaising with other designated partner agencies and keeping them updated with any concerns as to guest safety and well-being
- Liaising: working with the Charity Manager to resolve any issues that get in the way of providing a safe and positive working environment for guests, staff and volunteers
- Reporting: ensuring that agreed data is collected and reported to the Charity Manager in order to provide feedback to the Board of Trustees
This role draws on a broad range of experience including people and resource management, the planning and organisation of a community-focused service as well as an understanding of the challenges of working with some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
The successful candidate will have English Language and Mathematics GCSE Grade C or above and good IT skills.
The service is intended to re-open on a 3 day a week basis with the intention to return to a 7 day a week operation.
Once demand is established a further shift manager will be recruited and the responsibilities of the role will be shared across the opening hours. Both role holders will work one of the weekend shifts.
Whilst only a 3 day week for service delivery initially, there is additional time built into the budget for this role Shift Leaders hours to allow for administrative and supervisory tasks, It is intended that when there is a further Shift Leader sharing the role that both parties work one shift together in order to facilitate handovers, planning and necessary meetings.
It is planned that the role holder will start in advance of the re-opening in order to help with the set-up of the new building and organisation of staff and volunteers
Terms: The salary for this post is £8,112.00 per annum (£13.00 per hour).
- Relevant training will be given
- Paid holidays
- The option to join the workplace pension
Schedule: Day shift only
Conditions: This role is subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.
If you’re excited by the opportunity to help with the re-launch of the breakfast service and the opportunity to play a central role in shaping the charity’s future, please submit your CV together with a covering letter to email@example.com
Your covering letter should outline what appeals to you about joining Big Breakfast Plus and why your skills and experience make you a great candidate for this role.
Closing date: 5th November
Interview date: w/b 9th November
Expected start date: w/b 22nd November
Big Breakfast Plus is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, volunteers and guests.