Bookkeeper at Willows Counselling Service
Job Title: Book Keeper
Hours per Week: 12
Contract: 2 years with the possibility of extension
Willows is a charity offering subsidised counselling, particularly specialising in working with clients that have been affected by trauma and abuse. In addition to its counselling activities Willows also runs a thriving training operation offering certified training qualifications in counselling as well as courses on well-being for local businesses and other charitable organisations.
About the role
This role is a key part of Willows Counselling service. The Book Keeper will be responsible for recording, banking and reporting the weekly and monthly cash, cheque and BACs for the organisation from Counselling and Training departments as well as donations and grant income.
There is flexibility for this post to be partially completed remotely. (Currently all Willows Staff are working remotely due to CV-19.)
- Weekly logging of donations and other monies
- Supporting the Finance Manager in developing the operational and aspirational budget in conjunction with the rest of the staff team
- Running the monthly payroll and pension contributions – initially in conjunction with the Finance Manager
- Completing the monthly bank reconciliations
- Processing supplier invoices for payment
- Supporting the Finance Manager in maintaining the Willows financial records and accounts system
- Supporting the Finance Manager in the submission of gift aid and GASDS submissions
- Providing support for grant applications and training related finances where needed
- Supporting the Finance Manager in the preparation of information for the year end accounts
- Knowledge of accounting software and payroll
- Good administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to work on a variety of tasks at a time
- Well organised with the ability to meet deadlines
- Previous finance work within a charity is desirable
- To be sympathetic to the Christian values underpinning the work of Willows Counselling
Willows offers 26 days holiday per year (pro rata), free on-site parking and flexible working
hours for this post.
Salary £ 5,928 (actual) per annum
How to Apply
Applications should be made in the form of a covering letter and CV to
The Executive Director Tanya Orr – firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is 12 noon Thursday 11th February 2021.
Interviews are scheduled for Friday 19th Feb 2021