Volunteer Administrator - School Library Association
The School Library Association is a charity supporting everyone involved in school libraries, whether they are a librarian, teacher, TA, PTA or Headteacher. We believe that every pupil is entitled to effective school library provision and the educational, emotional and developmental benefits that come with it. We are committed to supporting, promoting and sustaining high quality reading and learning opportunities for all in a diverse and changing world.
Membership covers all school staff, and includes: a quarterly journal full of best practice articles, ideas, tips, and the latest digital and book reviews; access to an advice line; exclusive members-only resources and CPD; discounts on SLA publications, training and the weekend course; a mentoring service; exclusive member benefits including competitions, give-aways and discounts.
We are a small, busy but friendly team who work hard to provide the best service for our members. Currently, we are looking for a volunteer to support us with this. The volunteer would support our office team in delivery of various awards, programmes and day to day working. Because of our work there is a focus on books, education and literacy.
Some typical tasks might involve:
- Supporting with the Awards
- Labelling Information Book Award (IBA) books
- Checking IBA submissions against spreadsheet and sorting submissions
- Assisting with Awards administration (eg anonymising applications)
Supporting with our book reviews
- Adding book details to the review list
- Requesting books for review
- Moving, formatting and saving images of books/the reviews
- Adding reviewers to spreadsheet
- Assisting with uploading the book reviews to the website
Supporting our administration
- Assisting with researching grants
- Assisting with testing and delivery of website/management software
- Compiling membership packs
- Screening calls and taking detailed, accurate messages where necessary
- Managing and distributing incoming and outgoing post and couriers
To discuss this opportunity to volunteer please email firstname.lastname@example.org.