Swindon Samaritans - Volunteer Shop Manager
An exciting volunteering part time vacancy for a Shop Manager that needs to be filled from January. The Shop Manager ensures that the shop is run efficiently and effectively as possible to gain maximum income for the Branch. The Shop Manager manages the other volunteers in the shop and reports into me.
- Ensure the shop is run efficiently and effectively to gain maximum income for Swindon Samaritans
- Managing the team of shop volunteers
- Ensuring that donations are managed so we are doing the best for donors, customers and Swindon Samaritans.
- Reporting to Branch Director and producing a monthly report for Branch Leadership Team
- Liaising with Branch Treasurer on the budget/forecasts, gift aid, shop expenditure and van
- Implementing and ensuring smooth running of shop systems e.g. rota, till, gift aid, shop supplies, improving donation flow, promotions and disposal of unsuitable donations- CTR and tip runs
- Recruitment of new shop volunteers, interviewing with co shop volunteer, trial shifts, training using shop training checklist and Samaritans online training, 6 month review and ensuring continuous development.
- Health and safety and fire regulations for volunteers and customers
- Continue to build rapport between shop and listening volunteers.
- To encourage shop volunteers to take part in branch activities.
- Promote through the shop window major Samaritan events e.g. Brew Monday, 24/7, London marathon
- Oversee shop WhatsApp group
- Have a good understanding of our customer, shop trade and competition- local and online e.g. pricing, what generates sales
- Ensuring that we are compliant with laws and TSO advice
affecting items we can and cannot sell e.g. knives, baby items, labelling.
- To help promote Samaritans and the shop through local media and social media
- Retail experience is preferable, ideally in clothing or a department store environment.
- Role model for the rest of the team- delivering great customer service and following all shop and Samaritan procedures.
- Good communicator and problem solver
- To ensure that the shop is the face of Swindon Samaritans and promotes Samaritans.
- Shop opening hours are 3 days per week, Thursday, Friday and Saturday with in addition Tuesday being a changeover of promotions and restocking day.
- The shop is closed Bank holidays and for the week between Christmas and New Year.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.