S&G MInd - Volunteer Vacanacy
Volunteering with us
Swindon and Gloucestershire Mind are seeking volunteers who can use their experience to support our community groups and fundraising events. The purpose of the role is to ensure our services meet the needs of the people we support, provide new perspectives on our work, increase involvement with the local community and raise awareness of issues relating to mental health.
Swindon & Gloucestershire Mind welcomes and encourages the involvement of volunteers in terms of service delivery on the basis that everyone has something to offer, and volunteers play a valuable role to people in need of the service.
You may have mental health problems yourself or understand the difficulties people face and would like to volunteer your time to support Swindon and Gloucestershire Mind to make a real difference to people’s lives.
Key Responsibilities (may vary subject to volunteering role)
· To provide support and assistance to the lead staff member who is facilitating the Mind Time programme and the different community groups based on the 5 Ways to Wellbeing model.
· To work with Swindon & Gloucestershire Mind staff to ensure the smooth running of the community groups and escalate situations when appropriate.
· To be on hand to support someone who may be in distress or in need of emotional support to prevent an incident occurring.
· To escalate and report any issues of concern to the lead staff at the group (or event) and follow the Swindon & Gloucestershire Mind escalation procedure.
· To support the Business & Training department by attending local fundraising events in the community.
· To attend supervision and check in style meetings.
The following are applicable to all volunteer posts:
· All Swindon & Gloucestershire Mind employees and volunteers are required to respect the privacy and confidentiality of people accessing services, employees and volunteers (as far as possible) within the constraints of legal requirements and the safety of other people.
Health and Safety
· Ensure compliance with legal and health and safety regulations, such as the organisation’s health and safety policy and procedure.
Marketing and Networking
· Promote the organisation to the local community and other
Policy and Procedure
· To keep up to date with the organisations policies and procedures.
· Be part of a team that builds and sustains a positive, dynamic can-do culture, making the organisation a wonderful place to spend time.
· Be prepared for, attend, and engage in supervision and training as agreed with the wider organisation.
Conditions of Volunteering
New volunteers will be subject to a six-month review period and will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and references.
To apply, please check our website: https://www.sgmind.org.uk/vacancies/
For any enquiries or questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org