Safeguarding Committee Member -Volunteer Role- RAFA
(Reasonable Expenses Paid)
Four meetings a year. Meetings are held using Microsoft Teams.
Who we are
The RAF Association has a clear objective: to help sustain a resilient and empowered RAF community, including serving personnel, RAF veterans and their families. Through our sector leading services, we offer friendship to the isolated and lonely, dedicated casework to support individuals, sheltered housing for those who want to remain proudly independent and childcare to serving personnel on RAF stations. Safeguarding is at the heart of everything we do.
We work together to make sure no one is ever left behind. We have a long and proud track record of supporting the RAF community, and in supporting veterans and their widows to maintain meaningful connections and sustain independence in later life.
The Committee addresses all aspects of the Association’s safeguarding arrangements for both children and adults.
About the role
The Safeguarding Committee is an integral part of the Association’s governance and provides strategic oversight of the Association’s operations to ensure that the Association carries out its safeguarding duties and responsibilities and protects those who come into contact with the Association from harm and abuse.
To ensure that the Association can continue to be confident in, and develop its Safeguarding practices, we are seeking to appoint an external member of the Safeguarding Committee. We are seeking an individual with:
- Experience of safeguarding in either an adult or child context.
- The ability to champion a culture of safeguarding throughout the organisation.
- The ability to support trustees in developing their individual and collective understanding of safeguarding.
- The skills and experience to scrutinise safeguarding practises, and advise on their development, in a way which is consistent with the ethos of the RAF Association.
- Some knowledge or experience of welfare or childcare provision.
- A proven ability to work at a strategic level, think creatively and challenge constructively through the application of your knowledge and experience.
- Integrity and independent judgement alongside a commitment to the highest standards of corporate governance.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with other Committee Members and employees.
If you think you have something to contribute to the Association and the RAF community it serves, please submit a CV and short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For In informal conversation about the role, please contact the Group Company Secretary on 0800 018 2361.
The RAF Association is a Disability Confident Employer, please get in touch if you require any assistance with the application process.