MACS Community Engagement Volunteer
Time Commitment: This is a flexible role and the times may vary but it is likely you will carry out one – two activities per month
Renumeration: Expenses only
Purpose of Role
MACS Community Engagement Volunteers help to raise awareness of our work by attending community events and meetings to talk about our work and encourage others to support MACS. This is a really important role as it helps us to reach new people, inspire new fundraising activity, and thank our supporters for the work they are doing.
What you will be doing
This is a varied role and you could do one, or all, of the following activities:
- Deliver talks to local community groups (e.g. schools, faith groups, Rotary Clubs, Round Tables, Women’s Institute groups etc.) about the work of the charity and the ways in which they could help us to achieve our goals.
- Attend community events to bring a MACS presence and act as a representative of MACS, helping to promote campaigns as well as talk to people about our work.
- Attend cheque presentations on behalf of the charity to thank and say a few words about how the money raised will help to make a difference.
- Seek opportunities to network and talk to wider audiences about the work of MACS.
- Introduce MACS to your contacts and/or local businesses to facilitate new fundraising opportunities.
The skills you will need
- Passion for the cause
- Strong communication and influencing skills and a confident public speaker
- Excellent organisational skills
- Reliable and professional manner
- Friendly and approachable
- Flexibility to be called upon when needed (as appropriate)
- An honest and trustworthy nature
- An ability to use your own initiative and to work unsupervised
- Ability to work both proactively and reactively
How MACS will support you
- You will receive a full induction to MACS and to your role
- You will have a member of staff as a named contact who will support you and answer any queries you have
- You will be given any equipment and information necessary to carry out your role
- You will have regular opportunities to connect with other Community Engagement Volunteers