Council Member and Trustee -RAFA
Volunteer Role (Reasonable Expenses Paid)
Four meetings a year, plus attendance at Committees and annual strategy day
Who we are
The RAF Association has a clear objective: to help sustain a resilient and empowered RAF community, including serving personnel, RAF veterans and their families. Through our sector leading services, we offer friendship to the isolated and lonely, dedicated casework to support individuals, sheltered housing for those who want to remain proudly independent and childcare to serving personnel on RAF stations. Safeguarding is at the heart of everything we do.
We work together to make sure no one is ever left behind. We have a long and proud track record of supporting the RAF community, and in supporting veterans and their widows to maintain meaningful connections and sustain independence in later life.
About the role
The Council of the Association acts as its Board of Trustees. The role of Trustee is a rewarding and stimulating one, which places you at the heart of the Association. As a member of the Council, you will help set the strategic aims, objectives and direction of the charity. The skills and knowledge you bring will support the Association in achieving its vision of an RAF Community which is connected, empowered and resilient.
We are seeking to appoint a new Trustee to act as our Lead Trustee for Fundraising, providing support and challenge to the Association’s Director of Marketing, Fundraising and Trading. You will bring your experience of fundraising, to assist Council and the Association’s employees in developing and implementing fundraising approaches which reflect good practice and regulatory requirements.
Alongside an appreciation of good governance, we are seeking an individual with:
- The skills and experience to help lead in a way which is consistent with the ethos of the RAF Association.
- Experience of fundraising, in particular of community and challenge fundraising.
- Proven ability to work at a strategic level, think creatively and challenge constructively through the application of your knowledge and experience.
- Integrity and independent judgement alongside a commitment to the highest standards of corporate governance.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with other Board Members and Executive teams.
If you think you have something to contribute to the Association and the RAF community it serves, please submit a CV and short covering letter to email@example.com
For an informal conversation about the role, please contact the Group Company Secretary on 0800 018 2361.
The RAF Association is a Disability Confident Employer, please get in touch if you require any assistance with the application process.
We reserve the right to close this opportunity early so please do not delay in applying as we’d love to hear from you.