Participation Worker at STEP Swindon
Job Title: Participation Worker
Accountable to: Project Management Team
Salary Scale: £25,000 pro rata
Hours: 20 hours per week – ability to work evenings and weekends, plus during summer and half term activities
Holidays: 22 days a year plus Bank Holidays – pro rata
Notice Period: 1 month on completion of 3-month probationary period
Pension: An employer contribution of 5% towards an approved workplace pension scheme
(auto-enrolment compliant) will be made on a monthly basis on completion of probationary period. In accordance with minimum pension contributions set out by The Pensions Regulator, an employee contribution of 3% (minimum) will be required.
STEP (Swindon) is a voluntary organisation delivering a range of services supporting young people aged 7-25 across Swindon.
STEP are sub-contracted to co-produce, support and review the work of the Trailblazer, through consultation and co-production with young people and their parent/carers.
We are looking for a vibrant, hardworking individual who has the confidence to meaningfully engage with young people and parent/carers in a variety of educational and other settings to capture their views around Swindon’s Mental Health Trailblazer programme.
Your job will be to support and engage with young people, and families who have been supported by Swindon’s Mental Health Trailblazer Programme; undertake consultation and co-production work with the aim of measuring impact, reviewing, and co-producing the design, delivery, and promotion of the Trailblazer programme.
Acting as both supporter and facilitator, you will be required to:
- Establish trusting relationships with young people and parent/carers, enabling them to express their aspirations, needs and views.
- Work with young people and parent/carers to explore a creative and imaginative approach to participation that will keep the young people interested and excited by the work of the groups.
- Inspire, motivate, and build self-esteem among young people and parent/carers in Swindon and assist in enabling them to develop a suitable range of skills to allow them to have their voices heard.
- Deliver participation activities within a variety of settings and carry out consultation work.
- Assist young people and parent/carers to engage with and present at meetings, training events, and Interviews.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required for this role.
To apply, or if you would like any further information, please contact Amy Law or one of the Management Team on 01793 714042 or email email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 14th May 2021, 12.00pm.
‘This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment’