Fundraising and Marketing Manager at Willows Counselling and Training Service
16 hours /week
6 months contract with extension, funds permitting
£18-20k full time dependent on experience (equating to £7,200 - £8,000 pro-rata)
Willows offers 26 days holiday per year (pro rata), free on-site parking and flexible working hours for this post.
Willows is a Swindon based charity, in operation for 30 years, offering subsidised counselling particularly specialising in working with clients that have been affected by trauma and abuse. In addition to its counselling activities. Willows also runs a thriving training operation offering certified training qualifications in counselling as well as courses on well-being for local businesses and other charitable organisations.
About the role
This role is new to the organisation of Willows Counselling service. Willows has a current supporter base of individuals and many links to local businesses and churches.
To facilitate the future strategic vision and aims of Willows this post will take the lead on fundraising via a balanced range of income generation streams. A second key aim of this role is to enhance Willows reputation and credibility with funders and the wider community, by further developing and implementing the marketing strategy.
This post will report to the Executive Director and Finance Manager and will also be expected to work closely with other key staff members and volunteers.
- To develop manage and grow the supporter journey for an increasing number of individuals, churches, businesses, organisations and groups through a balanced fundraising programme through tailored programmes to target audiences
- To develop, and lead on an agreed strategy for appeals, and regular and individual giving
- Undertake and increase stakeholder engagement including
- Acknowledging gifts as part of the supporter engagement journey
- Increasing links to trusts and other funders
- Manage an effective grants programme to increase overall funding levels in line with agreed targets particularly multiyear funding
- To manage and oversee the Friends of Willows (the volunteer fundraising group for Willows) including assisting in the organisation and promotion of events
- Lead on the development and implementation of an effective marketing and communications strategy
- Leading on all copy for fundraising, marketing and communications including but not limited to multi-media strategies to reach target audiences and achieve desired outcomes and the Willows website and social media activities
- Working with the Finance Manager and other staff assist in the preparation of budgets for income and expenditure and other reports as required
- To uphold confidentiality and professional good conduct at all times
- Other duties as required
- Excellent track record of stakeholder engagement and management including demonstration of influencing and networking skills to achieve results. Understanding of best practice and theory in stakeholder management and insight, including the ability to segment audiences and develop innovative engagement plans
- Effective interpersonal skills: ability to work collaboratively, and deal tactfully and diplomatically with people at all levels; ability to establish and maintain good working relationships within Willows and across professional networks; experience of ability to establish and maintain credibility with relevant communities; a strong track record of success in managing relationships
- Ability to think and work creatively to tackle problems and challenges, demonstrating own initiative and judgement within given constraints; asking for and giving help when needed
- Excellent organisational skills: able to plan and prioritise a varied workload to ensure that work meets deadlines, and be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and demands
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with good attention to detail: ability to develop and deliver well-structured and clearly-articulated documents and presentations for internal and external audiences
- To be in sympathy with the Christian values underpinning the work of Willows Counselling
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and databases
- Professional qualification in communications or fundraising, and/or or equivalent experience gained working in a relevant context including experience of applying for grant funding.
How to Apply
Application deadline is 12 noon Friday 4th September 2020
Applications should be made in the form of a covering letter and CV to The Executive Director Tanya Orr email@example.com