Chief Executive at Care Home Volunteers
Care Home Volunteers are a small charity with big ambitions and are seeking a Chief Executive to share their vision, continue the journey and take on the role with passion, energy and commitment. They recruit, train and support volunteers to make one-to-one befriending visits to residents in care homes for older people, bringing conversation, joy and smiles, and reducing loneliness and isolation. They currently operate in Wiltshire and Swindon, but aim to have a national presence by 2025. It’s an exciting time to join a thriving charity and play a key part in growing our service.
The Chief Executive will be responsible for:
- Preparing a strategic plan and annual budget
- Building a loyal, committed and reliable team of Volunteer Coordinators and local volunteers
- Building relationships both locally and nationally to promote awareness of the charity, recognise the work of volunteers and support fundraising activities
- Marketing and public relations to raise awareness and promote the charity
- Fundraising and income generation from diverse sources to build a sustainable income stream
- Delivering the business plan and producing regular reports for the Trustees ensuring that the charity fulfils its legal, statutory and regulatory responsibilities
- Maintaining awareness of risks and changes in the external environment
- Leadership: to inspire and motivate staff and volunteers with personal drive and energy
- Business acumen: to make good judgements and sound decisions
- Interpersonal skills: to build relationships and influence others with excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Creativity: to identify solutions and opportunities
The ideal candidate will be committed to the values and principles of Care Home Volunteers and to diversity, equity and inclusion.
They will be able to demonstrate that they have:
- Leadership and management skills gained through working at senior management level, in a commercial or public sector role
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work independently, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Experience of leading and developing teams, including employees, contracted staff and volunteers, through periods of significant change
- Excellent communications skills, orally and in writing
- Experience of the charity sector, and its governance model gained, ideally, in the care sector
- Experience of fundraising in the charity sector
- Experience in marketing and digital communications
Remuneration and Terms & Conditions
Salary: £40k per annum pro rata. Reasonable business expenses and mileage will be re-imbursed.
Hours of Work: An average of 3-days a week (22.5 hours) with the ability to flex hours worked over the week. There may be a requirement to work in the evenings or at weekends and this should be planned as part of the working week.
Location: This is a home working role, ideally based in Wiltshire or surrounding counties. Possibly some travel across the UK with the initial focus being in the Wiltshire area.
Pension and Benefits: Statutory level of pension and benefits. The current employer pension contribution is 3% with a 5% employee contribution. The pension contribution can be paid into a private pension scheme if requested.
Annual leave: Annual leave entitlement is 35 days, including Public Holidays, which equates to 21 days (157.5 hours) for a 3-day working week.
Employment checks: This role will require the following checks and surveys:
- Baseline Security check: which includes identity check, right to work and employment and qualifications over the last three years.
- Driving licence and insurance: current UK driving licence with a suitable vehicle insured for business purposes.
- Enhanced DBS check
- Diversity and Disability survey
How to Apply
Please submit the following to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 11th June
- A CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities, achievements and qualifications (no longer than two A4 pages)
- A statement of suitability (no longer than two A4 pages) setting out the reason for your interest in this role and how your knowledge, skills and experience will enable you to succeed
Care Home Volunteers
registered charity 1158654