Temporary Finance/Administration Controller at Reach Inclusive Arts
The following is a vacancy from Reach Inclusive Arts.
Job title: Temporary Finance/Administration Controller (1 Year)
Reporting to: Operations Manager/Arts Project Manager
Salary: £12 per hour
Main purpose of job: The person will….
- Contribute to the development and realisation of the charity’s goals and objectives with special responsibility for finance and administration.
- Control the finance and administrative systems that support the charity.
- Ensure that Reach abides by the laws governing charities and employers, providing reports, payments and information as required by HMRC, the Charity Commissioners and any funders.
- Provide budgets and reports for staff, trustees, projects and funding applications.
Duties: You will be using your professional skills to …..
- Effect and record expenditure and income.
- Prepare the charity’s management and annual accounts, cash flow reports and project income/expenditure reports as required.
- Organise the office administration and filing records.
- Become secretary to the Reach trustees (or Management Committee) for their meetings each quarter. You will be arranging venues and agendas and preparing the minutes for the trustees.
- Work with other staff to help prepare the charity’s Annual Report and help arrange the Annual General Meeting for the Management Committee.
- Keep office procedures systems up to date.
- Support preparation of funding applications, the evaluation of projects and reporting to funders as required.
- Other ad hoc practical and administration duties as required.
Hours: 10 per week
Holidays: Equivalent to 5 weeks holiday pro-rata
Your job is to….
1.1 Prepare budgets, cash flow forecasts and expenditure reports as required.
1.2 Monitor income, expenditure and update budgets for projects and core costs.
2.1 Produce monthly management accounts of income and expenditure on an Excel spreadsheet system.
2.2 Prepare annual accounts in draft form to be submitted to the Reach accountants for final completion.
2.3 Liaise with payroll outsourcing – prepare staff timesheets and arrange quarterly PAYE payments.
2.4 Set up bacs payments.
2.5 Prepare Reach and other invoices as required.
3. Policies & Procedures
3.1 Ensure policies and procedures for health & safety, equal opportunities, data protection etc are up to date.
4.1 Take responsibility for the Reach office – rental agreements and payments, supplies of stationary and letterheads, filing and equipment records etc.
4.2 Ensure that the insurance cover is reviewed annually and renewed.
4.3 Be a point of contact for people in need of information about Reach.
4.4 Ensure funders and grant-givers receive appropriate information and reports at the right time, as well as due recognition and thanks for their support.
4.5 Maintain trustee, charity commission records/reports and attendance registers.
4.6 Help prepare funding applications, evaluate and report on projects as required.
5.1 Arrange management committee meetings and AGM, prepare and distribute minutes.
6.1 Arrange backups and IT maintenance as required.
6.2 Maintain databases, mailing lists, contact details etc.
7.1 Help promote a positive image of people with disabilities.
Person Specification Accounts
& General Office Assistant
|Qualifications, experience and background||
|Specific knowledge/skills (technical)||
|Team and management skills||
To apply, send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org