New View Art Room Project Worker at SWADS
Service: SWADS New View Art Room
Job Title: SWADS New View Art Room Project Worker x2
Office Base: Swindon
Hours: 15 or 16 hours per week
Reports to: SWADS Director
Purpose of Job: The post holder will have the responsibility for delivering services through a programme of Art and Craft workshops. The post holder will create stimulating projects that enable service users to reach their full potential. The post holder will develop and faciliate art/craft projects that will engage service users with a range of aptitudes and abilities to help support their health and wellbeing.
- Engaging with individuals who have a range of health and wellbeing problems and provide them with the opportunity to positively and creatively engage with the New View Art Project
- The under lying aim of any art intervention is to reduce the risks of harm, engage and motivate creating an awareness of the possibilities of personal change.
- Facilitate and promote service user led programmes and activities.
- Actively monitor client’s progress and maintain awareness. Liaise effectively with the senior team as appropriate.
- To work closely with partner agencies both internally and externally.
- Utilise and manage volunteers that will assist in delivering the programmes
- Ensure that all activities and interventions are suitably recorded and in accordance with SWADS policies, procedures and the requirements of local and national data requirements
- Ensure that ALL data requirements are met within agreed deadlines.
- Ensure that all safeguarding issues, including child protection and protection of vulnerable adults, are dealt with in accordance to SWADS policies and procedures.
- Produce evidence in monthly supervision, and when necessary, to clearly illustrate that performance targets are being met.
- Uphold data protection legislation and only share client information as per SWADS policy, local and formally agreed information sharing protocols and client confidentiality agreements.
- Present a professional image and actively promote the service at all times to service users, other stakeholders, partnership organisations and the general public.
- New View Art Room administrative duties
- Assist with the development of publicity material and other promotional materials for the service
- Promote the service in a professional manner to other stake holders
- Develop existing, and create new referral pathways for a broader range of service users
- Visit and liaise with other organisations and agencies.
- Organise open days and exhibitions of service user’s work.
- Undertake training where necessary
- Ensure every service user completes an assessment form and ongoing evaluation monitoring forms.
- Encourage a secure and welcoming atmosphere.
- Effectively use social media as a platform to showcase the art project and the artwork created whilst upholding data protection.
- Undertake other duties as requested by the Director.
General terms of reference:
In carrying out the above duties the post holder will:
- Be employed by Supporting Wellbeing and Developing Stability (SWADS).
- Work flexibly across operational sites as required.
- Seek to improve personal performance, contribution, knowledge and skills.
- Participate in supervision and Learning & Development processes.
- Keep abreast of developments in services, legislation and practice relevant to the relevant client group.
- To actively promote equality of opportunities and diversity.
- Contribute positively to relevant internal and external forums.
- Contribute to maintaining safe systems of work and a safe environment.
- Maintain personal and professional boundaries.
- Ensure the implementation of the all SWADS policies.
- Experience of working with mental health and a clear understanding of the need for and ability to deliver quality services.
- Experience of working in a community art and craft projects.
- Ability to create and deliver innovative art and craft workshops within a timetabled frame work
- Possess an art related or other relevant professional qualification.
- Knowledge of Safeguarding children and vulnerable adults’ procedures.
- The post holder will be proficient with IT systems
- Ability to work with and manage challenging behaviour.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries and work effectively with partnership agencies.
- Confidence to work on own initiative as well as part of the team.
- Must pass Enhanced DBS Vetting before formal job offer can be made.
And the ability to:
- Communicate confidently and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Respond flexibly to the demands of the post.
- Prioritise a varied workload and remain calm under pressure.
- Be resilient, self-motivated and manage work load effectively.
- Understand and have a commitment to the principles of equal opportunity and diversity.
- Employ an empathetic and non-judgmental attitude towards service users.
- Show commitment to facilitating positive outcomes for service users.
- Experience of contributing to project development.
- Knowledge of local services and geography.
This post is subject to a DBS check at an enhanced level and a satisfactory Occupational Health Check.
Amendments: This description accurately reflects the present position; it may be amended and reviewed. Any change will be made following a proper period of consultation.
Please contact Julie Mattinson the Director at email@example.com if you are interested or have any further questions.