Finance and Admin Officer at Advocacy After Fatal Domestic Abuse
Reports to: Operations Manager
Part-time – 0.4 FTE (14 hours per week)
Salary – £21,074 per annum pro rata
Advocacy After Fatal Domestic Abuse (AAFDA) are looking for a part-time, home-based Finance and Admin Officer to join our small, ambitious and growing charity. This role is dynamic and fast paced requiring an experienced administrator with excellent finance skills. They are looking for someone who is highly motivated, proactive and able to work remotely.
If you are well organised, with an eye for detail and adaptable, with excellent interpersonal skills then this job is for you.
- Prepare monthly staff invoices and expenses including verification of claims.
- Raise invoices and manage debtors.
- Support the CEO in completing accounting records.
- Maintain appropriate filing systems and records.
- Support the Senior Management Team in producing, managing and maintaining project and event budgets.
- Ensure the smooth running and efficiency of the charity including supporting the activities of the CEO and Operations Manager.
- Provide confidential secretarial and administrative support services to management and operational teams.
- Participate in Trustee meetings when possible, providing key administrative support (approx. 4 meetings per year)
- Help to plan, organise and support AAFDA events
- Assist the Senior Management Team in other ad hoc administrative tasks as required
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of the post.
- AAFDA is a small, busy charity, and all staff contribute to the general running of the organisation in addition to their specific role activities.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi task, prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Numerate and a problem solver with excellent attention to detail, able to spot and correct errors.
- Principles of confidentiality including data protection/GDPR
- Handling sensitive communications confidentially, efficiently and effectively
- Willingness to get involved in a variety of projects and activities
- Build and sustain relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a friendly and professional manner
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, in particular Excel
- Flexible, proactive approach and a positive attitude
- Willingness to undertake occasional travel around the UK and some evening and weekend working
- Experience of working independently and remotely
- Experience of working within a non-profit organisation
- Experience of working in a Finance Admin role
- Knowledge of Domestic Abuse
Download a copy of the Job Description and Person Specification
Closes: 5pm Monday 12th August 2019
To apply please complete and return an application form by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org