Female Administrative Support Worker & PA to Director at Swindon Women’s Aid
The following is a vacancy from Swindon Women’s Aid
Work Hours: 37 hours per week
Job Purpose: The objective of the post is to provide PA support to the Director and reception and administrative duties for Swindon Women’s Aid, including meeting/booking in visitors, populating the electronic management system and being the first point of contact for telephone enquiries.
Responsible to: Director
Direct reports: Nil
Managing service delivery and performance
- Be fully conversant and act in accordance with the legal and regulatory requirements and policies and procedures of the organisation and be a good ambassador for SWA.
- Attend regular line management supervision and proactively support the organisations objective of continuous improvement through personal training and development.
- Provide personal support to the Director to include diary management, taking minutes at meetings, assisting in the preparation of reports, updating the website and HR support.
- To provide an efficient front of house reception service, to include greeting visitors, fielding telephone calls and responding to general queries within the refuge and supporting the office manager with administrative duties such as a monthly events calendar and inputting of financial data
- Ensure effective records of both staff and visitors entering and leaving the building are Maintained and able to be used for emergency evacuation purposes if necessary.
- Liaison with external agencies and the public on information, advice & referrals and inputting referral documentation onto the electronic management system Oasis ensuring the confidentiality and security of client data is kept in accordance with policy
- Maintaining and ordering supplies of stationery; refreshments; hygiene and housekeeping products and co-ordinate internal requests for maintenance/housekeeping tasks
- Organised with excellent time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good IT skills, proficient in use of Microsoft office, working with SAGE would be advantageous
- Flexible with the ability to work under pressure and deal with constant interruptions
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Attention to detail & accuracy
- To ensure confidential information and procedures are kept safe and not shared without expressed permission of the Director or Management Board.
- To be flexible in providing cover, emergency cover during holiday periods or during times of high operational need.
It is essential to the development of Swindon Women’s Aid service delivery that the post holder is able to respond flexibly to changes in the requirements of this post. This job description is therefore a guide and not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities the post holder may have over time.
Please visit our website www.swindonwomensaid.org for an application form.
This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010, schedule 9 part 1 and is female applicants only
Successful applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced children & adults DBS check
Closing dates for applications is 5pm on Wednesday 4th October.
Interviews will be held in Swindon on Thursday 12th October.
Applications should be sent to: