ESOL Tutor at the Adult Training Network
Company: The Adult Training Network
Job Title: ESOL Tutor
Hours of work: 6 hours per week subject to confirmation
Job type: Part time
Career level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Salary: £18.00 – £20.00 per hour depending on experience
Application Deadline: Ongoing
ATN aims to unlock potential for employment and social prospects through education and training. The organisation was set up in July 1999 to address the educational disadvantage suffered by certain marginalised sections of the community. We work with mainly unemployed customers in order to help improve their personal circumstances, qualifications and employment prospects.
ESOL Tutor required to deliver non accredited ESOL programmes in Swindon by providing high quality, relevant learning opportunities which enable students to maximise their educational, vocational and personal development potential.
- Use appropriate Initial Interview to assist learners to identify their existing skills, work experience, interests and job goals.
- Using the Diagnostic Assessment material, assess levels of competency.
- Negotiate, design and implement an Individual Learning Plan with each learner.
- Prepare and adapt teaching materials including handouts, assignments, booklists and assessment papers, to enable all learners to progress.
- Create new learning material to meet the needs of the learner.
- Prepare Schemes of Work and Schemes of Assessment using RARPA
- Assist learners to realise life and employability goals
- Comply with and complete all relevant company paperwork
- Actively participate in, and promote, the safeguarding of young people and vulnerable adults.
- Practice and promote the importance of equal opportunities and diversity considerations, both for learners, and within the workplace.
- Work towards further professional qualifications and attend internal training workshops to enhance skills and knowledge.
- Conduct ongoing assessments using RARPA.
- Must be suitably qualified and have a recognised subject specialist teaching qualification. e.g. PGCE,CELTA, DTTLS, Cert in Education and Training (L4)
- It is preferable that the applicant has experience and/or knowledge of delivering non accredited ESOL programmes.
- Must have the right to work in the UK.
- You must be reliable, flexible, adaptable, and possess the ability to motivate and inspire learners.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Professional, accountable and responsible work ethics
- Have a proven understanding of teaching and learning delivery methods
- Disclosure Required. Cost to be met by applicant.
***The Adult Training Network aims to be an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.***
To apply for this post please send your CV and a covering letter to Sonia Khokhar in HR at email@example.com