Development Officer at Voluntary Action Swindon
Voluntary Action Swindon are recruiting for a Development Officer.
The deadline date for application forms is midday on Friday 15th April 2016. Please address applications to email@example.com with the subject heading of ‘Voluntary Action Swindon Application form for Development Officer’
Post title: Development Officer – 10 months Maternity Cover with a possibility of the contract being extended.
A full time role, 35 hrs per week. Part time/flexible working will be considered.
Responsible to: Chief Operations Officer of Voluntary Action Swindon
Starting salary: £22,000 – £25,000, depending on experience + pension contribution
Purpose of the post
To support the development of groups and networks in the Swindon voluntary and community sector, encouraging coordination and mutual support. The post holder will have an important role in delivering the outcomes of the contract VAS has with Swindon Borough Council.
- Promote the views of the wider community on equality and access issues, engaging a higher number and wider range of people, running focused campaigns and producing a report on activity and successes.
- Establish contact with voluntary groups. Facilitate support and improved coordination among the groups.
- Organisation of an annual VCS Fayre.
- Production of regular reporting on activity and delivery against the relevant required SBC contract outcomes.
- Contribute to the marketing and promotion of VAS and its services.
- Any other duties reasonably required to ensure the smooth running of VAS and delivery to its service users.
- Experience of the voluntary sector and working with a wide range of organisations
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and presentation
- Self motivated individual with good organisational skills
- Good people skills with the ability to build good working relationships with a wide range of people at all levels
- Experience of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work on own to tight schedules, but also as a team player
- Flexible and adaptable, including willingness to work outside of office hours if required
- Monitoring, report writing and evaluation skills
Download a Printable Version of the Job Description and Person Specification
Download an Application Form