Community Fundraiser at Swindon Therapy Centre for MS
The following is a vacancy from the Swindon Therapy Centre for MS.
Download a printable version of this vacancy
Swindon Therapy Centre
1 year Fixed Term (10 hours per week)
Swindon Therapy Centre (STC) for Multiple Sclerosis was founded initially in 1981 as a self-help group, which has grown and developed over a number of years following the acquisition of a 2 person Oxygen chamber in 1983. The Centre continues to offer therapies, advice and support to MS people and their families in Swindon and the local area, being the only Centre of its kind within a 35 – mile radius of Swindon.
About The Role
We now have an excellent opportunity for a Community Fundraiser to join our small team of staff to support our Members, Carers and large team of volunteers. This role will be for a period of 12 months with the possibility of grant fund raising opportunities with rewards for success.
As our Community Fundraiser, you will co-ordinate our established calendar of Fundraising Events & other fundraising & promotional activities, develop relationships with new and existing donors, be responsible for promoting our work through the local press and other media. You will prepare and co-ordinate funding applications and identify potential areas and avenues of funding for STC.
- Co-ordinate and organise various Centre sponsored fundraising events throughout the calendar year to achieve income targets.
- To identify and propose new activities in support of fundraising.
- Provide agreed support and assistance to individuals or groups organising their own fundraising events on behalf of STC.
- Support and liaise with volunteers.
- Donor Development
- Build and Develop relationships with new and existing individual supporters and voluntary groups.
- Maintain database records.
- Support the process of making grant applications to Charitable Trusts and inviting and hosting their representatives at the Centre.
- Keep STC in the public eye by writing regular press releases, arranging radio/TV interviews and other PR opportunities that may arise.
- Website updates and social media development and management.
- Develop and build a network of PR contacts who are aware and supportive of the STC purpose.
- Organise agreed schedule of local displays and shows.
- General office and Centre assistance as required.
- Production and distribution of promotional literature as agreed with the Centre Manager.
The ideal candidate is likely to have in depth fundraising experience combined with wide ranging charitable experience. You will need to demonstrate a good understanding of financial management for fundraising events. You will have to be sympathetic to the aims and ethos of the centre and willing to wholeheartedly commit to supporting the success of the MS Swindon Therapy Centre.
- Strong organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Good Communication skills, verbal and written
- Time management skills focusing on meeting deadlines and providing results
- Computer literate, with good experience of social media
- The ability to work on own initiative, and as part of a small team
- Empathy with the cause
- Enthusiasm & Interpersonal skills
- Confident & Self-motivated
For more details call 01793 481700 or e-mail email@example.com
Applicants are required to email or send a CV and cover letter outlining their suitability for this role to Swindon Therapy Centre, Bradbury House, Westmead Drive, SWINDON, SN5 7ER.
For more information on STC; visit: www.msswindon.org.uk
Registered Charity No. 1047353
Closing date: 30 January 2016
Interview date: 11 February 2016
We provide services to children and vulnerable adults and candidates will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Swindon Therapy Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.