Children’s Sessional Workers at Swindon Women’s Aid
The following is a vacancy from Swindon Women’s Aid.
Post: Children’s sessional workers
Salary:£8 hourly rate
Hours: Flexible to include daytime and evenings play sessions
Responsible to: Children and Young People’s Team Leader
Closing Date: Friday 6th April 2018 at 5pm
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB
- To assist in providing creche play sessions for children during weekdays and early evenings as required.
- To provide stimulating, safe, and age appropriate play opportunities for a range of ages, to include games and crafts.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The post holder will work with and supervise any volunteers that are helping with the play sessions.
- Help with the planning and preparing of childrens’ activities to suit a variety of ages up to the age of 12.
- To work within child protection and safeguarding policies and procedures, bringing any concerns or issues immediately to the attention of managers.
- To assist in any personal care of children where needed, including nappy changing and assisting able children with going to the toilet.
- To be the onsite paediatrics first aider during the times the creches run. (Training provided)
- To be able to manage any challenging behaviour, by following SWA playroom behaviour policy.
- To keep a register of children attending and any particular needs/emergency contact information.
- To have good communication with mothers accessing the service.
- To inform parents and staff of any incidents/accidents and keep accurate records of these.
- To participate in all training courses relevant to SWA’s commitment to providing high quality services.
- To work at all times with due regard to the policies and procedures of SWA, participating in their development and amendment where required.
Whilst the job description attempts to cover the main duties of the post, it is not meant to provide an exhaustive list of tasks.
The post holder will undertake to maintain the confidentiality of all personal and business information gained in the course of their employment, in accordance with the SWA confidentiality policy and be required to sign a written agreement before the commencement of employment.
EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY STATEMENT
The post holder will be expected to take responsibility for complying with the SWA Equality and Diversity policy. We also ask post holder to agree to work to our SWA values
HEALTH AND SAFETY STATEMENT
The post holder will be expected to take responsibility for ensuring that all relevant health and safety standards are adhered to during the course of carrying out their work.
The post holder will be expected to attend regular support and supervision sessions with the line manager and identify any training needs.