Business Development Officer at Voluntary Action Swindon
Voluntary Action Swindon are recruiting for a Business Development Officer.
The deadline date for application forms is 5pm on Friday 3rd June 2016. Please address applications to Richard@vas-swindon.org
Post title: Business Development Officer.
Responsible to: Chief Operations Officer of Voluntary Action Swindon
A temporary role, for up to 12 months, with the possibility of extension or conversion to a permanent position, depending on success in the role. Full time, part-time and flexible working options considered.
Starting salary: £23,000 – £25,000, pro-rata
Purpose of the post
To proactively develop and deliver fundraising and marketing strategies and to initiate and carry out fundraising and income generating activities. To promote the work of VAS and optimize our engagement and communication with our members and other stakeholders.
- Research and recommend opportunities to diversify income.
- Action agreed tender submissions and funding bids, working in collaboration with relevant operational team members and other subject matter experts in the organization, as necessary, to deliver successful outcomes.
- Deliver on targets set for income generation.
- Develop and implement a strategy to promote the work of VAS and actively engage with our members, other stakeholders and the wider community.
- Represent VAS at relevant meetings/fora to support business development activity.
- Contribute to wider VAS work where appropriate e.g. supporting VAS’s role in delivering training and advice sessions to the sector.
- Experience in a business development or fundraising role, ideally in the voluntary sector
- Track record of securing new/additional income streams
- Experience of managing and writing tenders and funding bids is essential
- Strong communication skills – written, verbal and face to face
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to work on own to tight schedules, but collaborate effectively with fellow team members as required
- Able to build and sustain effective networks and relationships with stakeholders
- Experience of developing and implementing marketing and communication strategies would be an advantage
- Focus on high quality of work and attention to detail
- Passionate about the voluntary sector and determined to make a difference
- Takes the initiative and makes things happen
Download a Printable Version of the Job Description and Person Specification
Download an Application Form