To advertise a vacancy in the voluntary sector, please email us with a job description plus other relevant documents (e.g. person specification, information about your organisation) at email@example.com. We will feature the vacancy on our website until the application closing date (including on the front page) and post the vacancy on our social media channels and in VAS id (our weekly e-bulletin which is sent to around 1,000 people in the local voluntary and community sector). This service carries a charge of £50.
Swindon Borough Council Seeks Independent Remuneration Panel Member
The Swindon Independent Remuneration Panel is responsible for making recommendations to Swindon Borough Council about the type and level of allowances which are paid to Borough Councillors each year. The Panel is also involved in setting the level of allowances which are paid to Parish and Town Councillors in Swindon.
Swindon Borough Council is seeking a representative to join the existing Panel from the Voluntary and Community Sector.
Appointments to the Panel are for a period of four years. The time commitment required should be no more than 18 hours in any year. An allowance of £225 per year plus travelling and subsistence expenses will be payable to the successful applicant.
More information on the Panel and an application form is available from: Vicki Yull, Committee and Member Services, Swindon Borough Council on (01793) 463603 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for requesting an application form is 15th February 2018.
Link to this vacancy
Fundraising Manager at Phoenix Enterprises
The following is a vacancy from Phoenix Enterprises.
Job title: Fundraising Manager
Reports to: Board of Trustees
Location: Groundwell Industrial Estate, Swindon
Salary: £22,000 pro-rata
Hours: 16 hours per week, hours can be agreed to support flexibility / 3 year funded contract
Application is by CV with covering letter.
Phoenix Enterprises is currently looking for an experienced Grants and Trusts Fundraiser to join the team, in order to maintain and grow our fundraising income. This role will be working across a wide range of Trust and Foundations, to:
- Take a lead on researching potential new trust and foundation prospects, and write winning proposals/applications
- Maintain and establish excellent relationships with Trust donors, to maximise income potential
- Establish and forecast a potential pipeline of funds income, and maintain an accurate and complete record of these prospects, to support planning and forecasting
- Ensure a high-standard of account management, by ensuring regular updates and requests for information are provided to trusts and grant-givers on time and to a consistently high standard
To be considered for this role you will require the following skills & experience:
- Excellent face-to-face communication and negotiation skills, with experience of dealing with senior business representatives and decision-makers
- At least three years’ experience in a similar role with a track record of generating income via third parties, preferably through grants and trusts
- Experience of adhering to a regulatory framework, preferably that impacting charities, fundraising and marketing (e.g. data protection)
- Proven track record of meeting challenging income targets
- Able to build, manage and develop stakeholder relationships and partnerships
- Knowledge of the fundraising environment and a range techniques and disciplines to support cost effective income generation
- Convincing and persuasive written and oral communication
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously and take initiative
- Charity: 1 year
- Fundraising: 3 years
CV’s with covering letter to be sent to Emma Rees, Chair of Board of Trustees – email: email@example.com
Closing deadline for applications is 22nd January 2018.
Link to this vacancy