Self-Employed Experienced Autism Support Worker
Self-Employed Experienced Autism Support Worker to work in a residential home
Who are they?
They are an Asian, Sikh family who has a son of the age of 21 who is on the autistic spectrum. They are looking for experienced autism support worker to provide personal care and practical support. They are looking for an individual who is conscientious and committed to delivering a high quality, person centred care and support service.
Preferably male supporter who holds a full driving licence.
Due to the setting being residential, we expect the support worker to maintain Dhaliwal family’s confidentiality at all times.
Subject to experience and commitment, this role can lead to a full time or part time permanent role.
Working Hours: Flexible days
Hours: Commencing at 16 hours per week
Salary: 25 years old and over – £20.00 / 21 to 24 years old – £15.00
Location: Swindon SN5
This position will be reviewed after a 6-month probation period.
• Build and maintain an excellent relationship with the service user
• Supporting service user whilst ensuring dignity and independence is maintained
• Help establish a routine for service user to follow
• Ability to take the service user to social events and encourage participation
• Encouraging activity participation and practical skills with service user
• Washing and putting service user to bed, support in managing hygiene
• Assisting in self care
• Making sure to report back to the appropriate family member as and when required with updates on service user.
• Adheres to Safeguarding requirements and protection of vulnerable adults
• Applicant is knowledgeable in autism
• Have compassion to work with autism clients
• Have the ability to understand the service user and family
• Requires having good patience and tolerance skills
• Good listener and communicator
• Knowledge on the Sikh culture
• Punjabi Speaking Language
• Some relevant experience and education background
Please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to Charanjit Dhaliwal email@example.com.
Please note, if you do not hear from them within 28 days, due to a high demand of applications, they are unable to respond to everyone.