To advertise a vacancy in the voluntary sector, please email us with a job description plus other relevant documents (e.g. person specification, information about your organisation) at email@example.com. We will feature the vacancy on our website until the application closing date (including on the front page) and post the vacancy on our social media channels and in VAS id (our weekly e-bulletin which is sent to around 1,000 people in the local voluntary and community sector). This service carries a charge of £50.
We are recruiting – Business Admin Level 3 Apprenticeship
Responsible to: Funding and Governance Manager
Salary: £4.15 per hour
Hours 35 hours per week
Purpose of the post
To complete the apprenticeship training programme by:
- Attend in-house training and college as and when required
- Completing a Business Administration Apprenticeship standard at Level 3
To complete the full range of administration tasks associated with the day to day running the VAS office (under supervision) by:
- Developing a good working relationship with colleagues and supporting them when required in line with the apprenticeship standard
- Promoting the local Voluntary Sector and VAS via social media
- Enhancing the VAS printing offer
- Assisting in the sourcing and providing of the VAS training offer
- Providing cover for reception when necessary
- Co-ordinating and marketing the car parking spaces
- Supporting the production of the VAS newsletter (VAS id)
- Ensuring that VAS policies are kept up to date
The list is typical of the level of duties which the post holder is expected to perform or be responsible for. It is not necessarily exhaustive and other duties of a similar type and level may be expected from time to time.
This Person Specification lists the essential skills, attributes and experience necessary to successfully carry out this apprenticeship. Please illustrate on your application form how you meet the requirements of the post.
No previous experience of business admin is required, as full training will be given. However, we do expect a good level of commitment, a ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness to learn.
Please be sure to cover each one of these points in your application form.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good level of written English
- Good organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Interest/knowledge of social media
- A good general level of literacy and numeracy and a minimum pass at level 4 GCSE for English and Maths
- A positive attitude
- The ability to listen and follow instructions
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Strong attention to detail
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Ability to display discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Keen to work in a diverse environment, and in an organisation that values equality, diversity and inclusion
Closing date: Monday 12th October 2020
Interview date: Week commencing Monday 18th October 2020
To download an application form please click here
Please email your completed application form to Carol Willis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to this vacancy
Immigration Solicitor at Wiltshire Law Centre
Are you an Immigration Solicitor looking for an exciting new challenge?
Established in 1981 Wiltshire Law Centre has an outstanding reputation locally in the free advice sector. We are now looking for an Immigration Solicitor to establish a new legal aid immigration and asylum hub from our offices in central Swindon.
As a dispersal Town, your expertise will be greatly valued by the residents of Swindon and you will have the opportunity to shape the service and build relationships with other agencies all as part of a well-established Law Centre.
Wiltshire Law Centre offer:
- Salary between £31043 – £33831 pa (pay review pending)
- Non-hierarchical collective working
- 27 days annual leave + statutory hols
- 5% pension contribution
- Permanent position
- Flexible working
- Part-time and job sharing considered
- Be able to self-supervise under SRA and SQM standards
- Relish the opportunity to set up and run our new LAA Immigration contract
- Have a minimum two years’ experience of immigration and asylum casework
- Be a qualified Immigration Solicitor and hold Supervisor status to IAAS Level 2
- Be experienced in close working with colleagues, local agencies and the Tribunal Service
To request an information pack including job description & specification then please email: email@example.com or write to us at Sanford House, Sanford Street, Swindon SN1 1HE
Closing date for applications; 12 noon, 9th October 2020
Interviews shall be conducted w/c 19th October 2020
Link to this vacancy
New Role Of Chief Executive Officer at Swindon Therapy Centre
Swindon Therapy Centre is seeking an exceptional individual for the newly created role of Chief Executive Officer. The ideal candidate will bring a robust understanding of leading a service delivery organisation, a strategic approach and the ability to motivate, lead and inspire the Centre’s team through a period of growth and change.
This role offers a real opportunity to make a significant difference to the Centre’s future development, and to ability of local people living with MS and other neurological conditions to live their best life.
We are rightly proud of how we have grown from a small self-help group in 1981 to an established charity operating from recently expanded premises where we provide therapy, treatment, support, advice, and counselling. Yet we are only reaching a tiny fraction of those who would benefit from our services locally.
The new CEO will play a pivotal role in enabling us to widen our reach, including by using networking and partnership working skills to form strategic links with the primary healthcare sector and by taking an innovative approach to delivering services virtually. Your ability to establish robust measurements to demonstrate the value of our work will help to build compelling proposals to funders and commissioners, thereby building a sustainable platform for growth.
We are unashamedly ambitious and excited about the next phase of our development. To make these ambitions a reality will require a candidate with the right blend of vision, empathy and passion combined with the capability to identify and seize opportunities.
Inevitably, with growth comes change, both operationally and culturally. Success will depend on your ability to articulate an engaging vision and to inspire and lead the team with a shared sense of purpose where each individual feels enabled to perform to the best of their ability.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate substantial senior operational management experience, preferably at Chief Executive or General Manager level
- Have a proven track record in developing and delivering effective, high impact strategic plans and translating these into operational goals/targets
- Have previously worked in a service delivery area, preferably in the voluntary sector
- Be a strong and inspirational leader and team player, with experience of successfully managing and communicating organisational change
- Be experienced in people management processes and leading teams
- Have knowledge of charitable governance and experience of working closely with Trustees or non-executive Boards
- A good understanding of budgeting and financial controls
- Have experience of developing and using management information to aid decision making
- Have a proven track record of generating income through fundraising, grant applications and/or tendering
To download a copy of the recruitment pack which includes the full role description please click here
Hours: Full time including occasional evening and weekend working
Location: Based in our facility in West Swindon, with potential for some home working and flexibility to travel in the local area.
Additional Requirements: To hold a full driving license and own transport, or other means of being able to travel independently.
Salary: £40,000 to £45,000
Closing date: 9am on Monday 5th October 2020
Interested? To apply, please send a CV and covering letter highlighting what attracts you to the role and why you are a strong candidate, for the attention of Tim Culling, Chair c/o our HR Consultant firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: Interviews to be held in Swindon (with social distancing measures) during early-mid of October.
Swindon Therapy Centre commits to provide an environment which is free from harassment, bullying or discrimination and which safeguards the welfare of our Members, Volunteers and Staff. All staff and volunteers are expected to demonstrate that they embrace and support this commitment. An enhanced check will be carried out using the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) to assess applicants’ suitability for this position of trust, and Swindon therapy Centre complies fully with the DBS Code of Practice and undertakes to treat all applicants fairly.
Link to this vacancy