Privacy Notice – Raise an Issue
At Voluntary Action Swindon, we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to contact you in order to provide the service(s) you have requested from us.
Who are we?
We are Voluntary Action Swindon (VAS), the CVS (Council for Voluntary Service) for the Borough of Swindon. We are a registered charity (no. 287732) and company limited by guarantee (no. 1604168). Our registered address is 1 John Street, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN1 1RT.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect will be limited to that which is necessary for us to raise your issues with other organisations, signpost you to other organisations, and inform our campaigns, project work and training. This may include your name, email address, and in some cases, personal data connected to racial and ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership and sexual orientation.
You are not required to provide this personal information described above as a contractual or statutory requirement.
How is your information used?
We will use your personal information to:
- Raise equality and inclusion issues, e.g. at the Equality Advisory Group (EAG)
- Signpost you to other organisations
- Inform our campaigns/project work and/or training
We will not use your personal information for any reason other than the above. We will not pass your personal information on to any other individual or organisation.
We will retain your personal information for the following length of time, and for the following reasons:
- Six months after the issue is resolved, in case of a need to follow up in this time
You have certain rights over the personal information we hold on you, including the following:
- The right to access the personal information we hold on you;
- The right to request rectification of your personal information, where it is found to be inaccurate;
- The right to request erasure of your personal information;
- The right to request that we do not further process your personal information;
- The right to object to our processing of your personal information;
- The right to request that we transfer your personal information to another organisation;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are concerned about the way we are handling your personal information; and
- The right to withdraw consent for us to process your personal information.
Please note that, if you prevent us from processing your personal information, we may be unable to contact you about the issue you raised, or to raise the issue with other organisations, or to signpost you to other organisations.
How to contact us
If you have any concerns over how we are using your personal information, or to make a request as per your rights above, please email email@example.com or call us on 01793 538 398.
Legal basis for processing personal data
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which came into effect on 25th May 2018, there are a limited number of legal grounds for collecting, storing and using personal information.
The legal grounds for collecting, storing and using your personal information for the above purposes are as follows:
- You have given your consent for us to process your personal information in connection with the Issues Log.