Subscribe to VAS id
You can sign up to receive VAS id further down on this page. Before you do that, please read the following privacy notice, which explains how we will use the personal information that you give us.
Privacy Notice – VAS id
At Voluntary Action Swindon, we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to contact you in order to provide the service(s) you have requested from us.
Who are we?
We are Voluntary Action Swindon (VAS), the CVS (Council for Voluntary Service) for the Borough of Swindon. We are a registered charity (no. 287732) and company limited by guarantee (no. 1604168). Our registered address is 1 John Street, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN1 1RT.
VAS information digest (VAS id) is our weekly e-bulletin, containing relevant news and information about the voluntary and community sector in Swindon.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect will be limited to that which is necessary for us to send you VAS id. This may include your name and email address.
You are not required to provide this personal information described above as a contractual or statutory requirement of receiving VAS id.
How is your information used?
We will use your personal information to:
- Send you VAS id via email
- Email you regarding any administrative issues relating to VAS id, including responding to enquiries from you about VAS id
We will not use your personal information for any reason other than the above. We will not pass your personal information on to any other individual or organisation.
We will retain your personal information for the following length of time, and for the following reasons:
- For as long as you are subscribed to VAS id, as is necessary in order to continue sending you VAS id. We will only retain your personal information for as long as you are subscribed to VAS id. Once you have unsubscribed, your personal information will not be retained.
You have certain rights over the personal information we hold on you, including the following:
- The right to access the personal information we hold on you;
- The right to request rectification of your personal information, where it is found to be inaccurate;
- The right to request erasure of your personal information;
- The right to request that we do not further process your personal information;
- The right to object to our processing of your personal information;
- The right to request that we transfer your personal information to another organisation;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are concerned about the way we are handling your personal information; and
- The right to withdraw consent for us to process your personal information.
Please note that, if you prevent us from processing your personal information, we may be unable to continue sending VAS id to you.
How to contact us
If you have any concerns over how we are using your personal information, or to make a request as per your rights above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01793 538 398.
Legal basis for processing personal data
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which comes into effect on 25th May 2018, there are a limited number of legal grounds for collecting, storing and using personal information.
The legal grounds for collecting, storing and using your personal information for the purposes above are as follows:
- You have given your consent for us to process your personal information in order to send you VAS id.
Subscribe to VAS id
If you consent to the terms above, please sign up to VAS id using the form below. Signing up to VAS id involves a two-step verification procedure, which means that the email address you provide in the form below will receive a confirmation email. This confirmation email will contain a link that must be followed in order to complete your sign up.
After subscribing, you will be able to unsubscribe at any time. Once you unsubscribe, we will not retain your name or email address. An unsubscribe link will be included in each edition of VAS id. You can also request that we unsubscribe you by emailing email@example.com from the email address you wish to be unsubscribed.