SEND Local Offer Big Day Event
This event is being organised by Swindon Borough Council in conjunction with Swindon Families Voice, who are a voluntary organisation representing the parents/carers of children with special educational needs and/or disabilities.
The event is to promote our Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Local Offer website. The Local Offer which is available at www.mycaremysupport.co.uk explains what support and services (incorporating public, private and third sector) are available in the local community for our children and young people with SEND.
The event will consist of a range of service stands providing information and materials about their service. The themes will include:
- Accessible activities for children and young people with SEND e.g. Wheelchair basketball, Performing Arts group for children with autism, Aiming High services
- Transport and travel e.g. how to find accessible transport
- Support e.g. advocacy services
- Money matters e.g. Citizens Advice, disability grants
- Health & Wellbeing e.g. information on the autism diagnostic pathway and collecting feedback
- Resources e.g. wheelchair services, disabled toilet keys, dressibility
- Transition e.g. Transition Team for Adult Social Care, PLUSS
- Having your say and getting involved e.g. a range of areas that the local community to provide feedback on what is working well, wasn’t isn’t working well and what they want
- Keeping safe e.g. counselling services
- Education e.g. Specialist Advisory Teachers
To download a copy of the poster for this event please click here