Have You Got What It Takes to Win an Epic Award?
UK and Republic of Ireland’s premier award for amateur cultural groups, the Epic Awards opens for nominations.
- Over 65,000 voluntary arts groups across the UK and Republic of Ireland are eligible.
- Groups can nominate themselves online at www.epicawards.co.uk
- Closing date for nominations is 12 January 2017.
- A winner and a runner up will be chosen from England, Northern Ireland & Republic of Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- The shortlist will be announced in February with a Peoples Choice award voted for by the public, a Peer award in which shortlisted groups vote for each other.
- The Epic Awards will be presented at a special Winners Reception in April 2017.
- The Epic Awards are run by Voluntary Arts to recognise and reward excellence and innovation in the amateur cultural sector.
Are you part of a creative group that is doing something exciting and interesting? Have you embarked on a particularly ambitious project, interesting collaboration or made a difference to the lives of others in your community? From creative writing to making music and from amateur theatre to yarn-bombing, over 65,000 amateur arts groups across the UK and Republic of Ireland are making a huge difference in their local areas. There is growing recognition in the media and in public policy of the importance of everyday participation in creativity. The Epic Awards shines a spotlight on the incredible achievements of these groups each year.
You can nominate your group or a group in your local area for an award by filling in the form on www.epicawards.co.uk and put them forward for special recognition and a range of prizes from financial support to advice, partnership and performance opportunities. Winning groups are those that demonstrate the four Epic qualities – Engagement, Partnership, Innovation and Creativity – in projects that involve people taking part for the love of it. The awards are now open or nominations so have a go today.